Andrew3 photos // 0 comments
The church was constructed in 1960, after its predecessor, a log church built in 1902 perished in a fire. The congregation of orthodox Christian settlers was established in 1899. While the majority of these settlers came from Slavic countries, mainly the Ukraine, a Hungarian inscription on the icon of St. Nicholas bears witness to Hungarian members of the congregation.
(Source of photo: Canada's Historic Places; https://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=7917&pid=0)