Bashaw6 photos // 0 comments
Built in 1910 on land donated by a Hungarian settler and rebuilt in 1955/56, the church provided a religious home to Hungarian settlers in the area. Due to the diminishing number of members, the church was closed in 1975 but still maintained as a site of cultural and historic value. The land on which the church stands was sold in 2018, and the building may be torn down.
Despite the fate of the church, the cemetery beside it continues to bear witness to the early Hungarian settlers of the region.